Well, its not a bad thing. It should be a fun and enjoyable experience. In order to get the most out of your appointments, here are a few tips:
- Research: Not just who you want to taste, but what type of designs you like. Look at things like cake shape and structure (stacked or pillars). Do you prefer floral designs, or are stripes more your thing? Make a list of things that you DON'T like. It makes it a lot easier to find something that will suit you.
- PRINT!!! If/when you find a cake you like, save the page and print the photo. Bring it with you to your appointment. Even if there are 5 or 6 designs you enjoy, bring them. These pictures will help us have an idea of what kind of cake you'd like. Also, feel free to email us the photos ahead of time.
- Limit the number of people you bring. Now I know that your bridesmaid, mom, dad, and sister all want to taste the cake with you (who doesn't like free cake!) but the tasting is only a small part of the appointment. Often, too many opinions make it difficult to determine a design. Choose people who will help you with YOUR opinions, while reserving their own.
- Keep us in the loop. If you are running late, just give us a quick call and let us know. Also, if you won't be able to keep your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible. We often have a waiting list for appointments and would be able to pass your appointment time on to another bride.
- Best to leave the kids at home, if possible. While almost every kid enjoys cake, they can usually only last long enough to eat the cake, then they are done. It can make it tricky for the couple to pick a cake while trying to keep the kids happy.